Disinfect your POS Equipment & Credit Card Terminals
SCT Response to COVID‐19
At this challenging time our thoughts go out to all our clients, prospective clients and partners in Ireland, UK and Europe and the millions of businesses affected by the pandemic. The global spread of COVID-19 is affecting all of us and we wish each of you, your colleagues and your families’ good health and hope you are safe and well.
At this time SCT head office and our branches are safe and unaffected by the virus and we have a comprehensive contingency plan in place. Our offices are running as normal and no closures are currently planned. If you need to reach out to us, please do not hesitate to contact our team if you have any questions about SCT and our services. We can be reached at any time via email, phone or the contact forms on our website.
Cleaning POS Terminals & Credit Card Terminals
For all the teams working in the retail & hospitality industry, we hope you can remain safe over this period. We understand that the Point-of-Sale area should be disinfected regularly and that the POS Terminal and Credit Card Terminal are a hot spot for contact between your team members and the customer.
We would like to offer some tips regarding disinfecting these devices:
We have conducted numerous repetitive tests to confirm wiping with 75% alcohol on the aluminum chassis, plastics covers and display is effective to clean these surfaces with no problems to the POS materials. Please consult your POS supplier for further guidance if you did not purchase the POS equipment from SCT directly.
We recommend you use the following method:
• Turn off your POS system & Credit Card Terminal completely, include peripherals’ power, and unplug the power cables if possible.
• Get your cleaning material, such as lint-free cloth or cotton swab, prepared with cleaning solutions (e.g. 75% isopropyl alcohol).
• DO NOT use any cleaning solutions that contains Acetone, Nitric acid or Ammonia.
• Apply cleaning solution only on the cleaning material.
• Gently wipe the exterior surface and cleaning your POS system & PinPad in a well ventilated environment.
We sincerely wish you all the best of luck as you navigate through these tough times.
Take Care, The SCT Team
Please call me directly on 0879154532 or email me on firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to explore any way in which we may be able to assist.
Store Computer Technology – Driven by Quality