Intersport Elverys Rollout New POS Tills Throughout Ireland
Elverys Sports was established in 1847 and is the oldest sports store in Ireland. Intersport Elverys have expanded from a single store operation to 46 stores nationwide with over 700 hundred staff and are proud to be wholly Irish owned.
Early in 2021, Elverys faced a challenge-
- How to deploy leading edge Hardware and Software into their retail estate without impacting internal day to day I.T support Operations or delay other critical I.T. Projects.
Critical criteria of the project included identifying a partner with;
- A track record in delivering complex IT projects across a retail estate
- Strong Project Management resources
- Single Point of contact for Hardware and licensing procurement
- Off-Site Staging facilities and capability
- Experienced Retail IT deployment Engineers
- The skills and culture to work professionally with the Elverys IT team at every stage
Having worked successfully with Store Computer Technology (SCT) in the past, the decision to engage SCT as their project partner was quickly made.
Detailed schedules we drawn up to minimize downtime in store at all times. The schedule required;
- The deployment would not impact in any way on store trading
- Designed to complete the deployment by a set end date
- Factor in staggered hardware and licensing delivery dates and potential delays
- Flexibility in scheduling to cater for changing customer requirements
Real-time information on Project Progress, POS by POS installation, was relayed to Elverys by the deployment team through the SCT Projects Client Portal. Information relayed back to the customer included;
- Quality Checks as defined by the customer
- System Checks as defined by the customer
- Asset and License Information per POS/per STORE
- Project progress v Customer KPI’s
- Photographic evidence of onsite installs
- Customer Sign-off and evidence the POS is ready to trade
While achieving all the objectives defined at the outset by the customer, this project was completed on time and within budget.
For more information on SCT’s range of services, please contact Jim Murphy on firstname.lastname@example.org.